Top Reasons to Invest in a Wellness Program
Wellness seems to always be a popular topic at the beginning of year. Everyone wants to start being more active and getting in shape, and companies can play a big part in helping to keep their employees healthy. There are many reasons to invest in a wellness program for your company and here are some of them.
1. Motivated employees - By putting in the time and money to create a wellness program, you are showing the employees that you care about them. This will motivate employees to work harder and do better work because they know that the company is willing to invest in their wellbeing.
2. Better work - When employees are healthy and taking care of their bodies, the results will come across in the work they do. There will be fewer people taking sick days and increased performance as everyone gains more energy. Also, with health comes a confidence that makes people take better pride in their work and step up their game in the office.
3. Better mental states - Wellness programs encompass more than physical health as they also help mental health. When employees start caring about their bodies and their minds, they will be happier. A health mind can also move faster and take on more work. Your employees will increase in their mental and physical capacities.
4. Insurance benefits - Many insurance companies give discounts for health and wellness programs. This is especially true when there is a focus on stopping people from smoking or increasing heart health. This means in addition to the discount you can get, you will also see a reduction in your employees’ health care costs and thus the entire company’s.
5. A work and life balance - Wellness programs allow your employees to incorporate some of their life interests into their work with the company. These programs become part of their social lives as they go on weekend biking trips or meet their coworkers at the dog park. An effective wellness program should incorporate activities both inside and outside the office that will show the employees you care about their personal and professional lives.
A bonus that can come from having a wellness program is that many young workers in the job market are looking for companies that have increased interest in their wellbeing. As the workforce is being taken over by millennials and Gen X, since the baby boomers are starting to retire, it is imperative to identify what attracts them to a company. They want to work in a place that is invested in the life they are living. Because a job should be more than 9 to 5, it becomes a major part of their social life.
Wellness programs have huge benefits for both the company as a whole and the individual employees. Invest in one to take your company to the next level and help your growth.
copyright © 2022, Swift Recruiters, LLC